“It always seems impossible until it’s done” ~ Nelson Mandela
It’s not easy to know what you want to do for the rest of your life. For some, they want to pursue their passion only after they’ve gone through several failures. Of course, failure is a normal progression of the human experience and ultimately, leads us to our desired destination. As people, we are continually changing and evolving; nowadays information and intellectual growth is the ultimate commodity. As we learn we grow and as we shift our paradigm, we improve our lives. Here are some tips that can assist you in altering your thought process and creating the life you desire.
1. Look at things around you. Determine what or who inspires you to achieve whatever goals that you have in mind. They can be your loved ones or a specific person that encourages you to be better. You can also receive inspiration from objects that create a spark that encourages you to move forward? Create a list of things, people or places that come to mind when you’re inspired. This way of thinking will help you keep track of that which ignites and motivate you.
2. Think happy thoughts. Reminisce about the times when you were most happy in your life. What brought about such happiness? What made you happy? And while you’re at it, think about the last time when you experienced such a moment.
3. You have to go back to the things which ignited your passion in the past. Read your favorite book or watch your favorite movie. Whether it is fiction or non-fiction. Reading a book that brings you joy, knowledge and inspiration will trigger your creativity and enthusiasm.
4. Remember who you are. If you’re stuck in a job that you detest and your only reasoning for remaining there is due to money, you will have a harder time getting to know where your real passion lies. You may want to look back at the point before you entered this job. Who were you back then? What did you envision you could achieve before fear and rationale overtook you?
5. You have to be open to whatever possibilities life may bring. Be willing to get through your fear and appreciate the beauty on the other side. You have to be willing to reach a level beyond your comfort zone. This can be done by being bold enough to take educated risks. You must learn to be “Crazy & Smart”. Crazy enough to enter through the door of uncertainty, but smart enough to do research, to plan and ask questions to those with more wisdom and knowledge than you.
It doesn’t matter how small or how big your dream is. Once you start following your heart and mind to reach the point where you think you will be happy and satisfied, you are on the right track.
I want you to think long and hard on what it is which brings you pure joy and happiness. It could be a culmination of things or one specific thing. Be honest about your answer; this is the most critical step. Your honesty will lead you on a path of real passion, purpose, and peace. Without self-confidence, it is almost impossible to accomplish your dreams and aspirations.
So… What is your passion?